- My Substack blog/newsletter
- My Mastodon
- My podcast, Rusty Sonnets
- My YouTube channel
- My latest book, Werewolf of London
I am mostly known as the host of Poetry Unplugged, London's longest running poetry open mic, at the Poetry Cafe in Covent Garden. The event has run every week since 1997 and I took over as host in 2004. The Poetry Cafe has been closed since March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic but I am hopeful we will eventually return when it is safe to do so.
I have published four books of poetry with Flipped Eye, the latest being Werewolf of London, my New and Selected, which was released in Spring 2021. I have also personally printed and bound a little run of my Caffeine Songs but you can also read them online for free.
I have previously hosted Rusty Sonnets, a podcast where I take an old poem, read it out, give it a good going over before I "wander off on one..." If your knowedge of older poems is a bit sketchy and you want an accessible entry point, a lot of people in a similar situation have found Rusty Sonnets to be very helpful.
I currently teach poetry at London Metropolitan University.
Posts from my old blog (View All)
- Why Every Poet Uses Poet Voice
- A Notebook is not just a Notebook but is a Phone Always a Phone?
- How Should You Perform Haiku?
- Remembering the Death of Performance Poetry
- Todd Moore 14/11/1937-12/3/2010
- The Beautiful Sarth
- Route 68 - Walworth Road
- from Happy Hour in Herne Hill
- by heart, on foot
- In Defence of the Decision to have Roger Moore Dress Up as a Clown for the Bomb Disposal Scene in Octopussy
- Hard is the Journey - After Li Po
- A Once Famous Ventriloquist Learns to Cope with the Drudgery of a Normal Life
- Poem for All the Old Men that Still have Elvis Haircuts
Lots of brilliant and talented auteurs with decent recording equipment have captured me in interviews and performance, some of which are listed below.
- VIDEO: Route 68- Walworth Road, filmed by Muddy Feet, 2017
- Interview with Lunar Poetry Podcast, 2015
- VIDEO: The Beautiful Saarth, filmed at the Bristol Old Vic, 2014
- VIDEO: Ordinary People - Filmed at the Bristol Old Vic 2014
- VIDEO: Utter History(starts 11.35), 2014
If you would like to get in touch, please drop your email and message into the form below.